*Please be sure to read this entire page prior to signing up as an author or tour hosts. Thanks!
Author Policies and Info:
- Authors agree to provide all requested material in a timely manner (usually at least 8 weeks prior to tour commencement). It is extremely important that you respond to my requests for content as quickly as possible. *Content received past the specified deadline will result in a rescheduled tour.
- All tours are promoted via our social media, reading groups and other online platforms. This reach does not include hosts & their followers, therefore your ultimate reader reach will be considerably higher. To further increase readership, you are highly encouraged to share your tour posts via your own social media followers.
- As the author, in addition to promoting your tour stops to your social media followers, you are encouraged to interact via host blogs by leaving comments. This is an excellent way to engage with readers. Additionally, it is strongly recommended that you post the tour on your own website. These things are important to the success of your tour.
- No changes can be made to tour materials once they’ve been sent to our hosts. No exceptions. Therefore, it is imperative that you proof your tour materials carefully and deliver everything to me long before content goes out to hosts.
- As your tour service provider, all tour host correspondence must go through me, Susan Barton.
- Authors are encouraged to offer a giveaway during their tours. Signed print copies of your book, eBook downloads and Amazon gift cards make excellent prizes for your giveaway. *Please note that you, as the author, are responsible for shipping any print copies of your book to winners. All giveaway prizes are the sole responsibility of the author. Winners' names and email addresses will be provided to the author at the end of the giveaway. The author is responsible for any and all winner contact from that point on.
- Authors understand that there is no guarantee of an immediate increase in book sales after a book tour. However, you can be assured you will receive a great deal of book publicity and exposure.
- Authors acknowledge and understand that, while our hosts are book bloggers, some sites may be general book blogs and not necessarily specific to your particular genre. We do, however, take considerable time researching blogs most suitable for you and your book.
- It is suggested that you offer free eBook copies of your book to hosts. Hosts are encouraged to review books, but aren't required to do so. We do not guarantee a specified number of book reviews during a tour.
- A book review by My Book Tour is NOT included in the cost of a tour. If you are interested in having your book reviewed by My Book Tour we can discuss this option.
- All payments are via PayPal ONLY. Payment must be made in full at the time of purchase. We do not offer a payment schedule plan.
- Your book tour payment is considered final and is an acknowledgement of our binding contract. Once payment has been received, the tour process will commence. No refunds will be issued. No exceptions.
- Please DO NOT book a tour until you are certain of your release date and your book cover is finalized. Once your tour process has begun, if for some unavoidable reason you need to reschedule your tour date, you will be charged a service fee ($50), which must be paid before rescheduling commences.
- Tours are Monday through Friday. Blasts and Cover Reveals are any weekday.
And finally, it's unfortunate that I have to add this important mention regarding book reviews obtained during a book tour, but it seems I do:
- If you decide to offer free copies of your book in exchange for reviews you must be willing to accept all reviews. Amazon makes it very clear that no one can specifically request a positive review in exchange for complimentary products of any kind. Requesting only positive reviews goes against Amazon's terms of service and can potentially result in removal from the Amazon website. No legitimate tour provider or book blogger should be willing to compromise their reputation as a reliable, honest reviewer on anyone's behalf. Engaging in review manipulation is bad business for everyone. *Hosts are always encouraged to disclose any book concerns prior to posting reviews.
- The primary focus of a Virtual Book Tour is to gain exposure for your book. Book tours are a lot of work.When you pay a book tour service provider you are paying for their time. You are not paying for book reviews. Please keep this in mind.
- My Book Tour offers hosts the opportunity to read every book provided to us by authors. However, hosts are not required to read and review books during tours. This is no reflection on us and does not devalue the My Book Tour services in any way.
*Prices listed on this website are for authors only. If you are a marketer and you would like a price quote on our tours or other services please submit a contact form in the sidebar.
Tour Host Policies:
- Please do not sign up for a tour unless you are certain you'll be able to follow through with your post. Sign up only for the tours you're truly interested in hosting. No-shows/no-posts are disappointing and a bad reflection on us all. If you miss two stops you will be deleted from the host list.
- Participating hosts ALWAYS receive tour content four weeks prior to their tour stop date so there is plenty of time to prepare tour content. Once you sign up for a tour, I will confirm your stop via email, and include a link to all of the tour content. If you sign up for a tour and do not hear from me within a week please let me know. Email can sometimes be unreliable and I don't want to risk having you miss your tour date because of an email glitch.
- If you need to change your host date please let me know as soon as possible. I understand things come up and it might interfere with your schedule. There's always a solution and we can work on this together. Guest posts are almost always available from authors and these are a quick, simple option.
- Regarding tour materials - Please include the tour banner and/or media contact information. It's important that readers know these are tours hosted by My Book Tour. Thanks!
- Posting tour content on your scheduled date as early in the day as possible is important. I share direct links on the main tour page to everyone's tour post, so it's important that these lead directly to host content. Blogger and WordPress both have the option of scheduling posts in advance. Using the scheduling option ensures posts will be posted on times, as promised.
- Once your post goes live, please email me the direct link so I can add it to the main tour page. This is important for all of us, since we all benefit from post views.
- Please remember to share your tour post via your social media followers.
- Regarding book reviews: If you sign up for a Book Review stop during a tour and you feel you cannot give the book a 5 star or 4 star review, please contact me asap to discuss other tour stop options.
TOUR HOST INCENTIVES IN EFFECT *AS OF 3/10*:
- After participating in 20 consecutive tours, hosts will receive a $10 Amazon gift card.
- Every now and then, I will raffle off a book swag prize package to one participating host. Look for the first swag giveaway soon!
*Swag will include:
I understand that there is a certain amount of work involved to participating in book tours. I appreciate each one of you, and all of the work that you do to help me promote books and authors. I truly hope that you’ll participate as often as you possibly can. I promise to make it worth your while! Thank you!