Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Journey to Wizard's Keep by Cowan, Coles and Danner Book Tour Spotlight and Character Interview




  • File Size: 4617 KB
  • Print Length: 394 pages
  • Publisher: Chimera/Ravenswood Publishing (September 25, 2016)
  • Publication Date: September 25, 2016
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B01JLGPZ58

ABOUT THE BOOK:

Best friends Nan and Irene want what all 16-year-old girls in their village want—to find true love and marry. Instead, they’re going to have to defeat an evil wizard. 

When Irene and Nan’s village is attacked by the army of the Secret Valley, the two girls are taken captive—destined to become “playthings” to the King. Kay, a lady-in-waiting to the Queen, vows to help the girls. But when a jealous handmaid betrays Kay and her fiancé, all four have to flee the Valley. When they learn an evil wizard, known as the Black Lord, is the real power behind the Secret Valley, their only hope is to go to Wizards’ Keep and persuade the last remaining wizards to come out of retirement and help defeat the Black Lord. 


Journey to Wizards’ Keep is a non-stop thrilling adventure with romance and humor as three girls with very different personalities join together to save the land.








ABOUT THE AUTHORS:


KC Cowan has spent her life working in the media, as a reporter for KGW-TV, KPAM and KLX-radio, and as original host and story producer for an arts program on Oregon ​Public Television. She is also the author of two books: “The Riches of a City,” the story of Portland, Oregon, and “They Ain’t Called Saints for Nothing!” with artist Chris Haberman. She is married and happily lives in her hometown.

Sara Cole is an officer with Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, where she is the Crime Prevention Coordinator. Sara provides public outreach to citizens on topics such as Neighborhood Watch, ID Theft and Personal Safety. She also serves on many community coalitions, and is a board member of the Crime Prevention Association of Oregon. Sara is married and enjoys spending much of her free time with her two active grandchildren.

Nancy Danner is the daughter of a shoemaker and a teacher. Nancy is a teacher, and for many years taught in a blended class of hearing and hearing-impaired students. Nancy's love of music has her singing in church choirs, directing children's musicals, and writing songs for her students. Nancy's family includes two grown children, Sean and Clarice, a rescue dog named Hal, and a loving husband, Rodney.

The authors invite readers to connect with them on their website

CHARACTER INTERVIEW WITH KAY OF THE CRYSTAL SEAS

Q:  Kay, not a lot is know about your background. Care to enlighten us?

A:  I grew up in a loving home in a seaport, but got the urge to explore quite young, at age 14. My parents gave me permission and I was off to see the world and find my place in it.

Q:  How did you end up in the Secret Valley?

A:  I had a bad experience with a wizard, Merle of Lotz. He taught young women magical singing, but in reality he often abducted one or two and sold them to the gypsies. This is what happened to me and how I got branded. I spent a year with them before I managed to escape. I had never traveled over the Hooded Mountains before, so I decided to head east. I stumbled across the secret entrance to the Valley and observed some soldiers entering it. I followed them and was immediately captured, but Queen Ruth took a liking to me and decided to make me her Lady in Waiting, so it became my new home. That’s where I made friends with Demetrius and fell for Sir Fitzgerald.

Q:  Did you know about the evil power behind your king, Lord William of Dob?

A:  No! I had no idea Lord William was being controlled by the wizard known as the Black Lord! I totally believed that our attacks on other towns and kingdoms were preventive to stop them from attacking us! When our eyes were opened to the truth, both Fitzy and I were ashamed of our home’s army, and vowed to find a way to put a stop to war and the Black Lord. That’s why we went in search of Wizards’ Keep!

Q:  You say you have always been a bit of a loner, without close friends. How did that change with Irene and Nan?

A:  I can hardly believe it even now. I always got along better with boys as a child, and men as a young woman. I thought other girls were silly, always caring about how they looked, or learning the newest embroidery stitch. But when I first met Nan and Irene, and saw how pathetic they looked and then learned they were intended for Lord William’s pleasure, I couldn’t ignore it and decided to help them. Over our long adventure, I came to see that they were strong, intelligent girls who weren’t afraid of taking on the Black Lord and helping others. Plus, they seemed to like me, too! I count them as among my closest friends and can’t imagine my life without them.

Q:  What do you like best about Nan?

A:  She’s so sweet and kind. I swear, I never have heard her say a bad thing about anyone—even when they deserve it! Sometimes, I wish she would be a little less nice, but her loyalty is something you can always count on.

Q:  What do you like best about Irene?

A:  Well, I think she is the perfect princess. She’s pretty, smart, has good manners and is very brave. After all, she was the one who convinced us we all had to find Wizards’ Keep and ask the old wizards to come out of retirement and help us defeat the Black Lord. Without her, I can’t imagine where we’d all be!

Q:  Tell us about Ken.

A:  Oh, well he’s pretty special. Handsome, too. We’re pretty competitive, though, and so we butt heads a lot. Still, we seem to be well matched. I like intelligence in a man above all things, and Ken is very smart. I just wish he wasn’t always so bossy!

Q: Do you have a favorite wizard?

A:  Well, this might surprise some people, but it’s Kaza! I know he’s a blustery sort of wizard, and doesn’t come across as very kind. But he always speaks his mind, and as you know, that’s something I can relate to, even when it gets me into trouble! But Moor-ray and Seever are very nice, too!

Q:  Do you have anything else to add?

A:  As hard as it was sometimes, I am glad I went through this adventure. I’m proud of how Nan, Irene and I joined together and made a difference for the land. We met so many amazing people, like Gar and his fairies, David, and, of course, the wizards. I wouldn’t change a thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment