Saturday, August 6, 2016

Marketing - The Bane of Many Entrepreneurs’ Existence Author Guest Post by Ben Gothard

Today, we welcome young entrepreneur and author Ben Gothard. Ben recently published his book "CEO at 20: A Little Book For Big Dreams" and he has a lot of great things to share about his business and his writing so let's get started! 



Marketing - The Bane of Many Entrepreneurs’ Existence
Author Guest Post by Ben Gothard

If you’re an author, then you’re also an entrepreneur. And as an entrepreneur, you probably hear marketers talk a lot about advertising, social media, CPC, PPC, ROI, SEO, blogs, email lists, impressions, conversions, sales funnels, growth hacking...the list goes on and on. After a while, it seems like all of these phrases are meaningless. They’re simply thrown at you by salesmen in a never-ending hunt for your checkbook.

As a young marketer myself, I find it hard to resist getting sucked into the madness. But rather than succumb, I’m going to tell you about a creative marketing solution that I’ve recently employed to boost my credibility, gain some publicity for myself and my business, and even open up a new stream of income.

Recently I published a book - CEO at 20: A Little Book for Big Dreams. In my book, I aim to provide motivation and practical advice on how to turn your dreams into reality, while also telling my story of starting my own business as a college sophomore. Not only is it cool to tell people I wrote a book, but it also accomplishes a few things.

First, it has given me a new layer of credibility. Being a Founder & CEO of my own company was great, but a lot of people didn’t take me seriously because of my age. They would brush me off because I’m in my twenties. Once I’d published my book, however, people started to take notice. Using my skills as an internet marketer, I’ve blasted out my book to my whole network (and then some). Almost instantly, people started responding. People started reaching out. People started noticing. I’ve been contacted by more people who are now interested in working with my company, and I didn’t even register on their radar until I published my book.

Second, my book is a fantastic marketing tool that yields publicity for me and my business. I attempt to solve a problem in my book while at the same time I’m sharing my story and the story of my business. By marketing my book, I’m marketing my business. It’s a win-win.

Third, my book is another stream of income. As a college student, I don’t have any sources of income besides my business (which I don’t take a salary yet). Publishing has given me another leg to stand on while I grow my company, and takes some of the pressure off of me while I develop my skills as a business owner and entrepreneur. 

Marketing doesn’t have to be your enemy; sometimes you just have to think outside the box. When you get creative, the ROI, impressions, conversions and so on will come. When you are willing to go the extra mile to do what your competitors won’t, you’ll see the results.

ABOUT BEN GOTHARD

Ben Gothard is a 21-year-old senior at LSU, studying finance. He’s an entrepreneur, CEO & author. Ben’s journey started back in 2014. As a sophomore, Ben didn't have a passion or purpose in my life. After being contacted by his father and his roommate, to market their law firm and t-shirt business through social media, he told them not to hire him but to hire his company. Ben started Gothard Enterprises LLC, a social media marketing company, in December of 201. That’s when his entrepreneurial journey began.

After working at this for a while, Ben decided he had another passion - helping people. So, he began writing his first book. After a year, he published CEO at 20: A Little Book for Big Dreams. The purpose of the book is to help people turn their dreams into reality by giving them the tools, tips and anecdotes to get started. Ben continues looking forward to helping as many people as possible and to spreading his entrepreneurial message.


Readers are encouraged to connect with Ben Gothard on his website, Facebook and Twitter.

READ THE EBOOK REVIEW GAL BOOK REVIEW OF CEO AT 20 HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment